'Skyfall' trailer wows crowds watching the Olympics
23rd entry into the James Bond franchise packs lots of punch in 30 seconds
Actor Daniel Craig has gotten a lot of exposure as of late. In addition,
the current "James Bond" film actor helped kick off the 2012 London
Olympics with the Queen of England at Opening Ceremonies. Furthermore,
the teaser trailer for the 23rd James Bond film, "Skyfall," ran, packing
a lot of action into its brief 30-second running time.
Directed by Sam Mendes and starring Craig, Bardem, Harris, Judi Dench and Ben Whishaw as Q, 'Skyfall' arrives in theaters on November 9.
The spot highlights a number of show-stopping action set pieces, including a moment where Bond jumps off an exploding train, sticks the landing like a gold medal winner and adjusts his cufflinks like a pro.
Viewers are also offered glimpses of Javier Bardem (as the villain) and Naomie Harris (as a Bond girl named Eve).
The plot of "Skyfall" as described by Wikipedia says that M becomes the subject of a government review when MI6's active case roster is leaked, compromising the identities of every single undercover operative the agency has placed in terrorist networks around the world. When the agency itself is attacked, it falls to James Bond to seek out and eliminate the threat regardless of the cost to himself - but as he follows a trail from Istanbul to the South China Sea, Bond soon finds his loyalty to M challenged over secrets from her past.
Directed by Sam Mendes and starring Craig, Bardem, Harris, Judi Dench and Ben Whishaw as Q, "Skyfall" arrives in theaters on November 9.
Daniel Craig played Bond in a short film, "Happy and Glorious," made by the BBC and directed by Danny Boyle as part of the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics. In the film, Bond is summoned to Buckingham Palace by Queen Elizabeth II - playing herself - and escorts her by helicopter to the Olympic Stadium. Bond and Her Majesty jump from the helicopter into the stadium with Union Flag parachutes. After the film ends, the Queen re-appears and formally opens the Games.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: James Bond, Skyfall, Daniel Craig, Olympics, movie trailer
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Movies News
- Enough to make a T-rex cry: 'Jurassic Park 4' is on hold
- Special effects mastermind Ray Harryhausen dies
- 'Iron Man 3' takes in $680 million in 11 days; second-best U.S. debut ever
- Netflix losing movies: Even less to watch?
- Depression-era movie star Deanna Durbin dies at 91
- Can Walt Disney transform Lucasfilm into another Pixar?
- America's most famous film critic Roger Ebert dies
- 'Not Today' film about human trafficking, parallels St. Francis
- Daniel Day-Lewis becomes first person to win third Oscar for Best Actor for 'Lincoln'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?