Has Justin Bieber's 'bad boy' stance gone too far? Pot smelled on tour bus
Warrant issued to search bus; no arrests
Pop singing sensation Justin Bieber with the arrival of his 18th birthday has been anxious to shed his "goody two-shoes" image. Posting shirtless pictures of himself on the Internet, Bieber wants the world to know that he's a grown man and not the bubbly teenager of yore. It may have just all backfired - while on tour in Stockholm, the distinctive smell of marijuana was detected on his bus, prompting a police search.
Tattooed Justin Bieber is anxious to shed his goody two-shoes image -- but it may very well backfire.
Authorities searched the bus in the parking garage of the Globe Arena while no one was on board. A small amount of narcotics - unspecified, and not necessarily marijuana, along with a taser was reportedly found.
No suspect has been named and the bus was not impounded.
Bieber had been in the company of Lil Za in the hours before the weed incident. Za is also the man who was seen smoking pot with Bieber at an L.A. home earlier this year.
The "Bieb" can breathe easier as the police say no one will be charged in the incident as they have no idea who was in possession of the drug since the bus was empty. The alleged narcotic was found on the floor of the bus so they have no clue who brought it on.
While Bieber says, "Give me a break, All this isn't easy," he sighed in an open letter to fans he posted on Instagram and then later deleted. "I get angry sometimes. I'm human. I'm gonna make mistakes."
Bieber's mother, single mom Pattie Mallette, says her baby is growing up and she doesn't have much control over him anymore.
Will other recent 'Un-Bieber" like incidents cropping up, there is speculation that this could be the real Bieber emerging after years of cloistered "spin control" - or just another way to keep himself in the headlines.
Among other incidents -- Bieber made world headlines when he seemed to trivialize Anne Frank by suggesting she would have been a "Belieber" if she hadn't been murdered during the Holocaust.
He posted on his Instagram page a cartoon of himself naked in bed with a woman labeled "Belieber." He posted another cartoon of himself naked except for a towel about to fall off. He snapped himself in the gym, shirtless, pants almost completely down, revealing a pair of buttercup yellow briefs.
Seeking maximum exposure - literally - Bieber took off his shirt and dropped his pants in an airport.
Whether these antics will revitalize his career is anyone's guess. There's a good chance Bieber could just wind up as another Lindsay Lohan, a former Walt Disney star who now makes disgraceful headlines - and too few films.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Celebrity News
- Vasculitis: The disease behind the slow, painful death of comedian Harold Ramis
- Iconic Eighties comedian Harold Ramis dies at 69
- Devo guitarist Bob Casale dies from heart failure at 61
- 'Father Walton' actor Ralph Waite dies at 85
- Comedian and TV pioneer Sid Caesar dies at 91
- Movie star Maximilian Schell dies at the age of 83
- Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman dead from apparent heroin overdose
- All dressed up with someplace to show - America goes crazy for 'costume play'
- 'Uncle Phil,' actor James Avery dies after heart surgery
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?