Paris Hilton says she deeply regrets making sex tape
'I'll never be able to erase it,' heiress says on TV talk show
Socialite and millionaire hotel heiress Paris Hilton says she deeply regrets the series of decisions that led to her having sex with her then-boyfriend that was then leaked on the Internet. "This is not what I planned," Paris Hilton told Piers Morgan on the TV chat show "Piers Morgan Tonight" in reference to the video released back in 2003.
Paris Hilton claims she was 'in shock' when she saw a clip of the video which had been taped in 2001, two years prior. Paris called the incident 'the most embarrassing, humiliating thing that has ever happened to me in my life.'
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - "I didn't want to be known as that," Hilton said. "And now when people look at me they think that I'm something I'm not just because of one incident one night with someone who I was in love with.
"People assume 'Oh, she's a slut' because of one thing that happened to me and it's hard because I'll have to live with that for the rest of my life and explain it to my children. And it's something that's changed my life forever and I'll never be able to erase it."
Hilton claims she was "in shock" when she saw a clip of the video which had been taped in 2001, two years prior. Paris called the incident "the most embarrassing, humiliating thing that has ever happened to me in my life."
Hilton did not leave the family's New York home for three months after the tape was leaked, and during that time the family underwent therapy.
When asked what Hilton thought about the people who put the tape out there, in particular her ex-boyfriend, Rick Salomon, Hilton said she "just felt so betrayed. This was not some random guy. This was someone I was with for a few years." She went on to say tat she thought Salomon is "a very bad person."
Hilton was 20 when the tape was made and is now 30. She feels like she's "really grown in the past couple of years." She said she hopes her new show on the Oxygen network, "The World According To Paris," will clear up the "many misconceptions" people have about her.
"This show is all real," she said. "I was finally ready to show who I really was, and I'm really honest in the show, and there's a lot of things in the show I can't even believe I'm going to let air. But I want it to be as real as possible and people to get to know me.
"Just having the last name Hilton, people assume that everything was handed to me and I've never had to work a day in my life. But in reality, I've worked so hard, I've done this all on my own and I don't take anything from my family. I do everything by myself.
Asked how she wanted to be remembered, Hilton told Morgan she wanted to be recalled "as someone who made people smile and one who enjoyed life to the fullest and was a good person with a good heart."
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Paris Hilton, heriess, sex tape, Internet, scandal
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Celebrity News
- Has Justin Bieber's 'bad boy' stance gone too far? Pot smelled on tour bus
- Comedian Jonathan Winters dies at 87
- Mouseketeer Annette Funicello dies from multiple sclerosis
- Actor who played Harry Potter's Uncle Vernon, Richard Griffiths dies
- Porno star who embraced Christianity later in life dies
- 'One Day at a Time' actress Bonnie Franklin dies
- Cowboy actor Dale Robertson dies at the age of 89
- Popular British romance novelist 'Jessica Blair' proven to be an 89-year-old man
- Conrad Bain of TV's 'Diff''rent Strokes' dies at 89
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?