Actor Randy Quaid, wife served with arrest warrant
Couple failed to show up for mandated court date
Things have been tough for popular character actor Randy Quad and his wife Evi as of late. They are reportedly homeless, and are accused of skipping out on unpaid hotel tabs. Things have just got worse for the couple . a judge has issued bench warrants for their arrests after they failed to appear for a court hearing Monday in Santa Barbara, California.
The Quaids were ordered to appear for a hearing on burglary charges filed last month after police were called to a Montecito, California, residence to investigate a report of squatters.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The Quaids were ordered to appear for a hearing on burglary charges filed last month after police were called to a Montecito, California, residence to investigate a report of squatters.
When a representative for the property owner went to the house to check the security alarm because it had gone off earlier that day, he had discovered that someone was living in the property's guesthouse.
The Quaids weren't present at the time, but when they returned later that evening the couple told police that they have "owned the property since the 1990s." The owners had documentation that another buyer had purchased the property from the Quaids several years earlier.
A contractor who worked on the residence told police he believes the couple caused more than $5,000 in damages in the guesthouse, and the Quaids were charged with residential burglary.
The judge revoked their $50,000 bond when they failed to show up for Monday's hearing, the court spokesman said.
Another hearing was set for next Tuesday.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Randy Quaid, burglary, arrest warrant
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Celebrity News
- Has Justin Bieber's 'bad boy' stance gone too far? Pot smelled on tour bus
- Comedian Jonathan Winters dies at 87
- Mouseketeer Annette Funicello dies from multiple sclerosis
- Actor who played Harry Potter's Uncle Vernon, Richard Griffiths dies
- Porno star who embraced Christianity later in life dies
- 'One Day at a Time' actress Bonnie Franklin dies
- Cowboy actor Dale Robertson dies at the age of 89
- Popular British romance novelist 'Jessica Blair' proven to be an 89-year-old man
- Conrad Bain of TV's 'Diff''rent Strokes' dies at 89
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?